A-SIT was founded in 1999 as a registered nonprofit association and is established as a competence center for IT-Security.
Members (public institutions)
- The Federation, represented by Federal Ministry of Finance (BMF)
- Graz University of Technology (TU Graz)
- Federal Computing Centre (BRZ), member since 2012
- Danube University Krems (DUK), member since 2018
- Johannes Kepler University Linz (JKU), member since 2021
Former members of A-SIT were the Central bank of the Republic of Austria (OeNB), from 1999 to 2019, and the Styrian Business Promotion Agency (SFG), from mid 2003 to late 2005.
- strict neutrality
- free of instructions
- economically independent